Monday 14 September 2020

Essay, quick check on part 2

 Now that you are turning your graphic organizer into paragraphs, lets check on the structure of your 3 paragraphs.


1st Sentence-Topic Sentence. This sentence is What the paragraph is about. 

Example- I love to read

Body Sentences-Sentences that fill out the topic sentence.

I start the day reading, grabbing the newspaper and checking out the sports, perusing the editorial page, and creeping on the advice column. Of course I read throughout the day as a teacher. Then when I get home, I often read to try a new recipe, fix an appliance, or just for fun. 


Concluding Sentence-Summarizes what the paragraph was about. It restates the topic sentence. 

Reading is a great way to spend time.



    I love to read. I start the day reading, grabbing the newspaper and checking out the sports, perusing the editorial page, and creeping on the advice column. Of course I read throughout the day as a teacher. Then when I get home, I often read to try a new recipe, fix an appliance, or just for fun. Reading is a great way to spend time.

1 comment: