Friday 11 September 2020

Essay about You part II

 Give each paragraph a topic sentence and a concluding sentence, which sandwiches the body sentences. A nice touch is to have the concluding sentence of the previous paragraph connect with the topic sentence of the following paragraph.  See the teacher example.


Each body paragraph
-Topic sentence -Body sentences      
-Concluding and Transitional sentence

Example:

I love to read. I start the day reading, grabbing the newspaper and checking out the sports, perusing the editorial page, and creeping on the advice column. Of course I read throughout the day as a teacher. Then when I get home, I often read to try a new recipe, fix an appliance, or just for fun. Reading is a great way to spend spare time.

        Something else I like to do in my spare time is play sports. In the winter time I play hockey and curl. I also go and swing kettle bells with some friends. Family gatherings  often see a game of road hockey break out. Often on the weekends I find time to play a game of touch rugby either outside in the snow or at an indoor field in Garden City. Sports is probably more than something I do in my spare time, it is a large part of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment